There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best way to install Python on a WHM server will vary depending on the specific server configuration and software setup. However, some general tips on how to install Python on a WHM server include:
2. Choose the desired Python version. Python comes in two main versions, Python 2 and Python 3. While Python 2 is the older version, it is still widely used, so it is worth considering which version is best suited for your needs before proceeding with the installation.
I will suggest installing the latest version and to install it as an additional python version to not mess up the existing version because it could be used by some cpanel services.
How to install python using terminal
1. go to terminal and open folder:
2. Download the latest python version from https://www.python.org/ftp/python/ in my case it was Python-3.9.9.tgz:
3. Extract the file and go to that directory:
tar xzf Python-3.9.9.tgz cd Python-3.9.9
4. Compile python:
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/python3.9 --enable-shared LDFLAGS="-Wl,-rpath /usr/local/lib" # when compilation finished run ./configure --enable-optimizations
5. Run make command:
If you get error like this:
be sure to install library libffi by using this command:
yum -y install libffi-devel
and then try again with
6. Run make altinstall
7. add path "PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/python3.9/bin" to "/etc/profile.d/python3.9.sh"
# open file nano /etc/profile.d/python3.9.sh #and add path PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/python3.9/bin #save file and then run export PATH
8. create file opt-python3.9.con and add /usr/local/python3.9/lib
nano /etc/ld.so.conf.d/opt-python3.9.conf #add line /usr/local/python3.6/lib #save file
9. Update session
ldconfig source /etc/profile.d/python3.9.sh